Josh Manders 155 LaneCC - LMS Admin
Lifetime learner and genetically pre-disposed to working in education (4th generation instructor?). Love the tech toys but most comfortable in the great outdoors. Love for long distance biking, camping, hiking, music, and supporting the efforts of inspiring leaders.
Do you have questions for Josh Manders?
Log in to ask Josh Manders questions publicly or anonymously.
Long of the short: manual activity checkboxes have been substituted for a button and other changes will increase course scrolling. CSS edits will help but only go so far.
Student Role: Class registration deadlines financial aid, last day to drop/refund
Instructor Role: Grade submission deadlines, Enrollment cut offs, Committee meetings/information.
Support Services Role: Production calendar, internal/external service info
It's completely possible with site calendar via an RSS feed but needs a little help from someone who can contribute code for it to be more useful.
Interested? Vote up the feature request to Moodle HQ: https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-70449 -- or contribute some code!
Two massive features missing from OpenLMS reporting/analytics:
• Schedulable reports
• Historic analysis beyond courses available in the system. (i.e. Products like Intelliboard) This may be less of an issue for institutions who do not archive/remove completed courses.
We need automated reporting to:
• instructors for specific course metrics at key intervals (drop date, mid-term, final summary)
• instructors for summative course data over time (comparative data, baseline with others?)
• deans for high level data on students and instructors
• VP's with program/department level data
• students for self improvement over duration of a degree.
• Early Outreach Specialist - Proactive intervention for struggling students.
Sharing data and establishing "Roles" in Education is really tricky. Presenting specific data about an instructors performance may violate union contracts or exposing student data may bump against student record policies.