Skip to main content
Question
Barry MatthiasOpen LMS team
Client Support Engineer
Asked a question last year

What was your first computer?

Where am I?

In The eLearning Community powered by Open LMS you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

Miles Exner
Learning Technology Developer

The first computer that was my own was a state-of-the-art audio workstation:

• 486SX 25Mhz with 4mb RAM
  • Sound Blaster Pro card with 1mb RAM and MIDI ports
  • 1x CD-ROM drive
Jo James
Coordinator of Technology-Enhanced Learning, Isohtermal CC

Looking waaaay back in history, my first "computer" was a dumb terminal hooked into a Prime. First PC was a TRS 80 (we called it the Trash 80).  Whoo hoo! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRS-8022

My first computer, being used in business was a Kaypro 2X.  It was dual floppy semi-portable computer that ran CPM as the operating system.  

Sturdy, pre-mouse computer...
Sturdy, pre-mouse computer...

My first PC was an Intel Pentium 1, with 1GB of hardrive in a time when a computer you build on your own was called a "clone". Once I started with it, never consider anything else and I build my own PCs 🔥 #pcMasterRace

Allen R Way
Trainer and Designer

Mine was a Commodore PET. 16K Ram, external tape drive.

Commodore PET
Commodore PET
Mike ChynowethOpen LMS team
Open LMS Configuration Consultant

My first computer was a Commodore 64, too, that I shared with my cousins. Fun times for sure!

Sam ChaffeeOpen LMS team
Sr Manager, Open LMS Engineering

My first computer was a TI-99/4A25. I think it was handed down from a cousin and he helped me write my first computer programs in BASIC on it.

IBM PS/2.  This was right before OS2 Warp came out.  It had 100MB of hard drive.  who could ever need more, right?  

First real computer of my very own was my sweet Commodore 64. Oh man the times we had. 

Summer PerkinsOLMS Workshop Excellence
Coordinator of Online Learning & Technology

I don't remember the exact specs but it was a Gateway back in the mid to late 90's. I will never forget seeing that huge cow patterned box sitting in my living room floor.